Community Borrowing Program Policy
The Community Borrowing Program was created to give non-UTSA affiliated individuals access to the resources of UTSA Libraries. There is a $25 annual fee to become a member, payable by check or UTSA Guest Card. You must be at least 16 years of age to be eligible for membership in the Community Borrowing Program. To apply for a Community Borrowing Program card, download and complete the application form.
The Community Borrowing Program membership is valid only for the purchaser. Should additional family members or business associates wish to use UTSA Libraries’ services, group memberships are available at two levels:
- Up to 3 memberships issued for $50
- Up to 6 memberships issued for $100
Replacement membership cards are $1.00 and may be requested by mail (with payment) or at the Front Desk of the John Peace Library or the Downtown Library. The replacement card will be mailed.
- Books – Members may check out up to 4 books from the general collections for a period of 14 days.
- Multimedia – Members may check out up to 4 DVDs or other multimedia items for a period of 7 days.
- Interlibrary loan – Interlibrary loan requests are accepted at $5 per request, with additional charges such as copying charges or postage if charged by the lending library. Log in here to view or submit an Interlibrary Loan request using our Get It For Me service.
- Electronic resources – Most, but not all, of UTSA’s electronic resources are available onsite to walk-in users. Users can request a 30-minute guest login at one of the John Peace Library or Downtown Library service desks. Community Borrowing Program members do not have off-campus access to databases.
- Curriculum Materials – Members may view curriculum materials at the library, but check out is not allowed.
- Textbooks and other reserve items – Because of high demand by UTSA students, members may not check out reserve items.
- Study Rooms– Because of high demand by UTSA students, members may not reserve study rooms.
- Courier service between campuses is not available.
You may renew your books or multimedia items one time. Items can be renewed by calling the John Peace Library (210-458-4574) or the Downtown Library (210-458-2440), or in person at the Front Desk of either library.
Books and multimedia items are fined at $0.50 per day with a maximum fine of $15.
All items which are borrowed from the UTSA Libraries are the responsibility of the borrower. Each patron should ensure that items are renewed or returned to the library by the due date specified. Due dates are printed and inserted in each borrowed item at the time of checkout.
Payment for overdue fines is accepted by check or UTSA Guest Card. We do not accept cash. Further library service is not available until overdue material(s) are returned and fines have been paid.
Lost or Damaged Materials
Users are responsible for charges for items lost or damaged during their borrowing period. In addition to replacement costs, users will be responsible for overdue fines and for a processing fee of $10. For damaged items, charges will be determined by the cost of repairs or replacement.
|Item Type||Replacement Cost|
|Interlibrary Loans||Replacement cost for item as invoiced
by lending library + $10 service fee
The UTSA Libraries reserve the right to request a picture ID when checking out materials to patrons.